Summer is a time for reflection and for removing ourselves from the strain of everyday expectations. Whatever you’re doing this summer, whether you’re having a lovely STAYCATION in the UK, hanging out with your loved ones, or you’re heading off to new places, promise me, you’ll leave the NARCISSIST and all their baggage behind.
The Narcissist in your life thinks of nothing but themselves, so leave them to it, is my advice. Whether you’re just taking a break from their exhausting presence over the next few weeks, and decamping to a quieter zone with the people you care about, or you’ve decided to pull the plug and go no contact, remember that you NEED TO PUT DISTANCE BETWEEN YOURSELVES AND THEM, whether that’s just temporary or it’s a FOREVER thing.
Remember these things:
- You’re whole
- You’re beautiful
- You don’t have to justify your presence to anyone
- You can say NO
- You have your own desires, your own dreams, your own inner thoughts, your own needs. Protect them. These things are your armour in life
- You have rights; the right to a quiet life, the right to be heard and respected, the right to have a voice, the right to have your say. If the Narcissist does not acknowledge these rights of yours, WALK AWAY NOW!
- The Narcissist is actually NOT YOUR PROBLEM, NOT YOUR ISSUE. If you are in contact with them, WATER DOWN YOUR INVOLVEMENT TO THE POINT OF PRACTISED INDIFFERENCE.
- Keep your EMOTIONS under control. Just as you need to look after your physical body with nutritious food and exercise, you need to attend to your emotions. OVER-EMOTION causes disease and is just as bad for you as smoking. DON’T ALLOW THE NARCISSIST TO ENRAGE YOU. KEEP YOUR EMOTIONS ON LOW. IMAGINE YOUR EMOTIONS ARE THE GAUGE ON THE SHOWER UNIT. TURN THE GAUGE DOWN TO COOL AND KEEP IT THERE.
- Give your time, energy and love to those who love you for who you are. IGNORE THE REST.
Go well. Miranda x